1/2 Amercan 1/2 You're a Peein'

4:06 AM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Adventures in cloth diapers! Sounds like a name of a good movie for sure! Julie's niece Christine gave me the opportunity to go cloth on my bodily-function experiences. It's not that the parents wouldn't go with it - it's just that she sold them on the notion as well as was too kind in letting me borrow her newborn ones. Considering my small (yet oh so future model) stature - I look like a tiny Sumo-wrestler in the giant underpants. By the time the cloth goes into the protective Velcro-holster, I'm ready to enter the ring and take on any kitten!

We did many a thing since I last spoke. Went shopping, ate, you're a peein', ate some more, went to Finley Market and bought some kookumbers & 'maters. The paparrazzi (or was that papazoli - not sure) didn't have his camera with him that day so here's another shopping experience at some big-box retailer - Target probably. Look at that guy next to me just staring at the sky with some weird expression on his face. Hey! I'm trying to sleep here - no funny facial-expressions while I'm sleeping! He's not even wearing a shirt - isn't he freezing in here? The AC must be like set to negative Siberia or something - yeesh! I have my peeps bring a blanket wherever we go - I have them trained well. Going from lizard-conditions outside to meat-locker requires drastic measures.

OK, what else happened... Oh yeah - slept a lot. Well, you're all thinking why I'm even bothering to write down the fact that I slept - I mean - what kind of boring writing is THAT!? You're reading, though, right? My sleep MUST be entertaining for you to still be reading. Can you hear me now? Good!

Mom keeps me company while I nap - she's a good napper - I taught her well. Though as you can tell by the photo - the papazoli with his camera just can't stop so of course I block him from view. As to mom and her oh so lovely jewelry fashion sense - well, that's to be admired. She dresses up for me for when we sleep. That little gem you see on her finger is a 7.5 carrot (organic of course) Tiffany-inspired Cumi-ring. "Cumi" is pacifyer in Hungary-talk - weird language - will have to tell you more about that later. Something about an addiction to letters in the alphabet or something. And what does Hungary have to do with You're a Peein'? I have no idea - again, must be some weird cultural thing - I'll find out eventually.

Anyway - sleep is not the only thing I did - also went out. And I don't mean like just outside - I do that 'a plenty! I mean I party. Sure, there's a company picnic but that's just playing politics - I mean go out to happy-hour and such. That's right - you heard me - I hang with the crowd on a Friday as I please. This time it was in Hyde Park at some coffee place - sipping down a latte (decaf-no froth-extra rich-natural... I'm very particular!). I was hangin' with my peeps as well as with Karen and Kyle, who was kind enough to let me know how to make a European (I'm sure he meant You're a Peein') trip memorable. Something about lots of drinking (hence the excessive pee) - surely it was milk - I'm a little fuzzy on that - I think he was too...

No camera shots of me there - good thing too - any more and you'll think of me as Paris Hilton! I don't even resemble that remark! I would never carry around my kitten as an accessory! They would just climb right out of my diaper bag! I'm a dignified and dare I say it graceful lady who only spits up when deemed required and usually only on my parent's clothes I do not prefer. What's wrong with that? They can't go out in public looking like that? Somebody has to tell them!

So I leave you with an image of me thinking of my next great adventure. I do that a lot - think even in my sleep of the many great things that I do DO and will do. I'm very sophisticated like that. Kinda' a big deal, you know. Hope these parents of mine can keep up...

No comments: